Transition Stirling is committed to:
- Raising awareness of the implications of climate change and peak oil.
- Engaging our community in action on issues of climate change.
- Supporting our community to become more self-reliant in areas such as food and energy.
- Reducing landfill waste and greenhouse gas emissions
- Advancing environmental protection
- Working in partnership with other organisations, particularly local community groups and other voluntary organisations to meet our purposes as outlined above.
In 2016 we invited project staff, volunteers, board members and people who have been involved with the project to help identify some cored values for the organisation. The following four values were identified as being central to Transition Stirling:
- We want to help boost the capability and independence of our community in the face of climate change, with equality and social justice at our core.
- We value finding solutions with open mindedness and with creativity.
- We want to be helpful to our community in a responsible and honest manner.
- Through these values, we aim to protect the beautiful environment we are part of.
Transition Stirling aims to provide a positive response to and secure our community's future from the effects of climate change through advancing citizenship, raising awareness and encouraging action.